Wholesome Oaty Burgers Recipe
Delicious Wholesome Oaty Burgers.
- 1/2 cup McCann’s® Traditional Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed nut
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pour boiling water over the McCann’s® Steel Cut Oatmeal and let it stand until all the water is absorbed. This step takes about 15-20 minutes.
- In a large deep pan, fry onions in the oil over a medium heat for about three minutes.
- Add carrot, mushrooms and oatmeal and fry for an additional five minutes, stirring and mixing occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add the breadcrumbs, nuts, parsley, eggs and soy sauce. Season with pepper and mix well.
- When cool enough to handle, form into burgers by hand, making them about 1″ in thickness.
- The burgers can be prepared to this stage and refrigerated until ready to cook.
- Fry gently in hot oil for about five minutes on each side.
- Serve with relish/chutney.