Rhubarb Cherry Shrub Cocktail Recipe
Distinguished and sweet taste of a refreshing drink. The Rhubarb Cherry Shrub mocktail's smell is similar to that of summer, cooler from the heat of summer, but with freshness of the season after the prolonged autumn. A classic drink for drinking with friends on a hot day.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup Tillen Farms Rainier Reserve Cherries, stems removed
- Mix with your favorite vodka and club soda (If you would like a mocktail).
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until fruit has become soft and begins to fall apart.
- Remove from heat and pour into a fine mesh strainer over a pitcher or large bowl. Allow to strain for 20-30 minutes.
- Store shrub in refrigerator until ready to use. Great to mix with club soda for a non-alcoholic beverage, or mix with your favorite vodka and club soda.