Brown Butter Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies by Milli Taylor
These cookies are salty, sweet and moreish. The brown butter adds a beautiful nuttiness to the cookies and the white miso adds a savoury depth that really complements the sweet chocolate.
- 125g browned butter, cooled to room temperature
- 120g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 50g white miso
- 200g plain flour
- 150g Guittard Maxi Milk Chocolate Chips
- With an electric whisk, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, add egg and vanilla, then add miso. Whisk to come together.
- Sift in flour and powders and then fold together with a big spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and form into balls of 90g, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. (Or overnight)
- Place balls onto a lined baking tray and bake in a well preheated oven (160fan/180c convection) for 14 minutes. Leave to cool on the tray. You want them a little under baked, to be still damp in the middle at this stage, set with a good crust on the outside but with good chew in the middle.
Graham Crackers S'mores Kit 337g
Guittard Green Mint Chocolate Baking Chips 340g