Jaymee’s Go-to Oatmeal Recipe
I can tell you from experience there's no better way to start your day than with a hearty, delicious bowl of McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oats topped with fresh fruit and some Maple Grove Farms Maple Syrup.
Recipe by Jaymee Sire for McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oats. More Jaymee Sire recipes can be found out http://eisforeat.com/.
- 1 cup McCann’s® Traditional Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup oat/coconut milk blend
- 3 – 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- handful of blueberries
- drizzle of Maple Grove Farms Pure Maple Syrup (optional topping)
- Combine water and oat/coconut milk blend in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add Traditional Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal and stir. Reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and oats are done to your liking.
- Divide oatmeal into two bowls. Top prepared oatmeal with fresh fruit and a drizzle of Maple Grove Farms Pure Maple Syrup.