Healthy Oat Stir Fry Recipe
Delicious Healthy Oat Stir Fry.
- 1/2 McCann’s® Traditional Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 lb tomatoes (chopped)
- Place the oatmeal in a saucepan and pour over 2 cups of boiling water. Allow to stand for an hour so that the oatmeal will have swollen.
- Put into a strainer and drain off any liquid that remains in the pan. Allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, over a high heat until just softened – about 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper, zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the oatmeal and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Add the tomatoes and season as required.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Serve piping hot.