Double Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel Shortbread Biscuits
From Zakiyah’s Patisserie
- 175g Plain flour
- 30g Cocoa powder
- 3g Bicarbonate of soda
- 2g Salt
- 150g Butter
- 120g Light brown soft sugar
- 50g Caster sugar
- 150g Guittard Maxi Milk Chocolate Chips
- 150g Whole roasted hazelnuts
- 75g Cacao nibs
- Maldon sea salt to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 170°c. Sieve and mix together the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Fold in the dries until nearly combined, it should still look crumbly and a bit unmixed to avoid over working the gluten.
- Then add the chocolate, hazelnuts and cacao nibs. Mix together until just incorporated. You want to mix as little as possible.
- Mould the dough into a log, with a diameter of 8cm. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Cut 1.5cm slices, weighing 60-70g each and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Could go a little longer for a crunchier texture or a bit less for a chewier biscuit. Leave to cool down before eating for optimum shortbread crunch.
Recipe by Zakiyah Syeda
We Rub You Original Korean BBQ Sauce 426 g