Butterscotch Skillet Cookie Recipe by @bels.table
This recipe yields a deliciously sweet cookie with amazing depth from the smoked salt. Trust me, it really works. Served with vanilla ice cream & butterscotch sauce made by simply melting the chips - easy peasy.
- 40g + 15g Guittard Chocolate butterscotch baking chips
- 60g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 65g plain flour
- 1/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4tsp smoked sea salt, crushed (I used Maldon)
- Melt the butter in a pan, take off the heat and add the sugars. Stir well with a whisk or fork. Allow to cool slightly for a couple mins.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, bicarb and salt in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla and egg yolk to the butter/sugar mix and stir well, before stirring in the flour mix until combined.
- Fold in 40g of the butterscotch chips and leave for 5 mins.
- Butter your skillet, add the cookie dough and press down so it’s even. Put in the oven at 195°C for 16-18mins.
- Once ready, leave to cool for a few mins while you melt the chips for the sauce in a Bain-Marie (or heatproof bowl over simmering water). Stir continuously until a smooth sauce.
- Scoop some ice cream onto the cookie and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately.