Butterscotch and Raspberry Blondies
Check out how Louis use Guittard Butterscotch Baking Chips to make these delicious tangy & gooey blondies!
- 115g of unsalted butter
- 115g dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 100g of Guittard Butterscotch Baking Chips
- 1 pack of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a small baking tray (ideally 8 inches) with grease proof paper.
- Place the butter in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and slowly melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, turn the heat up and let the butter bubble away until it is golden and there are dark brown speckles in the butter.
- Then remove from the butter from heat and stir in the sugar until it has fully mixed together and there are no lumps. Let this cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While this is cooling, in a small bowl, whisk the egg with the vanilla extract.
- Add the whisked egg & vanilla extract to the butter mixture in the pan and mix together.
- Sift into the pan, the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and mix all together. Make sure everything is incorporated well together.
- Add in your Guittard Butterscotch Chips and mix together until distributed evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and spread out evenly.
- Top with raspberries making sure you push them down into the mixture.
- Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until you can insert a skewer & it comes out clean. If the mixture is still very soft you can cook on a lower heat for longer and keep checking on your blondies.
- Let your blondies cool before cutting into slices. Enjoy! I also love to serve these with extra fresh raspberries too!
We Rub You Original Korean BBQ Sauce 426 g