Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (8 ounces or 5 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Maine Maple syrup or Maple Blueberry Syrup
- 1 cup milk
- Blueberry Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Grease a deep-dish pie pan.
- Place half of the French bread cubes in the bottom of the prepared pie dish.
- Equally distribute the cream cheese cubes, fresh blueberries, and Wild Maine Blueberry Jam over the top of the bread cubes.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a medium size bowl combine the eggs, syrup and milk. Whisk until uniform. Pour over bread mixture.
- Place in refrigerator several hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake approximately 15-30 minutes more, or until the casserole is set and the top is golden.
- While the casserole bakes, combine the syrup ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over low heat on the stovetop.
- Drizzle over each serving.